Tuesday 6 April 2010

The Double-Bed Dream Gallows

ஐBoo, forever.ஐ

Spinning like a ghost
on the bottom of a
top,
I'm haunted by all
the space that I
will live without
you.


ஐ30 Cents, Two Transfers, Loveஐ

Thinking hard about you
I got on the bus
and paid 30 cents car fare
and asked the driver for two transfers
before discovering
that I was
alone.



ஐLove Poemஐ

it's so nice
to wake up in the morning
all alone
and not have to tell somebody
you love them
when you don't love them
any more.



ஐRomeo and Julietஐ

If you will die for me,
I will die for you
and our graves will be like two lovers washing
their clothes together
in a laundromat
If you will bring the soap
I will bring the bleach.



ஐXerox Candy Barஐ

Ah,
you're just a copy
of all the candy bars
I've ever eaten.



ஐI Live In The Twentieth Centuryஐ

I live in the Twentieth Century
and you lie here beside me. You
were unhappy when you fell asleep.
There was nothing I could do about
it. I felt hopeless. Your face
is so beautiful that I cannot stop
to describe it, and there's nothing
I can do to make you happy while
you sleep.




ஐThe Beautiful Poemஐ

I go to bed in Los Angeles thinking
about you.


~ all poems by richard brautigan ~